Thursday, February 17, 2011

To Save a Life

So last night I watched the movie "To Save a Life" ( http://www.netflix.com/Movie/To-Save-a-Life/70117247?strackid=af0bb32b35ecf74_0_srl&strkid=1282821238_0_0&lnkctr=srchrd-sr&trkid=222336 ). I just loved this movie. If you have a pre-teen or teenager you should definitely watch it. I would definitely show it to my teen as well. It shows how the truth of how many teenagers are living their lives without sugar coating things. It does so without nudity and minimal questionable language though. What was so enthralling about it was that it seemed so real. I connected with this movie, and think that many teens would as well. It deals with many hot button teen topics such as sex, drinking, peer pressure, teen pregnancy, and teen suicide to name a few. This may seem off putting, but just watch the movie. Sometimes teens don't feel comfortable opening up and talking about things but maybe this can open that doorway. It also is a great eye opening experience. If you have a teen don't think "But my teen wouldn't act like that or do that" because chances are they will, would, or have. I hope that at least a couple of people will take this movie recommendation and check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. I will have to watch this with Bunny next time we are in the same room ;)

    ReplyDelete