Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Friends!

I'm sitting here with cold toes trying to motivate myself to finish my Statistics homework assignment. I could make a list a mile long of things I need to do...then I could make a much shorter list of the things that are likely to get done. It is supposed to be another absolutely beautiful day. We took advantage of yesterday and worked in the yard. We removed some shrubs from the front of the house and cleaned out the side plant box. We are now planning what we will be planting (once I do some research). I trimmed up my holly bushes that go around the detached garage and some other bushes that line the top of the driveway. It was really a productive and beautiful day. Right now I am sitting here with Connor snoozing against my side. I am thinking how great today is going to be as well. I have been working on laundry and will hopefully finish it up today. I have steaks thawing out for a great dinner with my 3 guys. I'm going to bake something sweet for my Valentines. I also am going to make sure to tell them how much I love them and how grateful I am to have them in my life. I am going to also try to remember to tell them each and every day the same things. Because while it is Valentines Day, and everyone goes out of their way to show and tell special someones they love them, it really should be done every day. I am so blessed and it is very easy to get caught up in the stuff of life that gets to me and forget just how blessed I truly am. So I am going to use today to remember all of the things I have in my life that have blessed me. I have a loving and devoted husband who is a great father. I have an energetic and loving 9 year old who lights up the room. And I have the sweetest 2 year old that has a personality big enough to fill up the state of Texas. I also have a God that loves me unconditionally no matter what I do. I am always forgiven, always loved, and always given his grace. For all of these things, and so much more I am thankful. Take today to know that no matter what you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment