Tuesday, February 1, 2011

And so it begins...

Ok, so I have been talking to friends, doing research, googling, etc. all about couponing and stockpiling. So I decided I am going to give it a whirl and see what happens. I have been using coupons for a couple months. I am not talking about the one coupon here and there, I mean walking out saving $15.00 in coupons on a $150.00 bill. Do the math, that is 10% in savings...I think it is pretty good. So this past Sunday's paper had some really good coupons, and they matched up with some really good sales ads so I decided "Hey...looks like a good time." So basically I clipped all the coupons for things we use, and matched them up, made my list, and organized my coupons. Then I headed off to CVS. Here is what I bought:
1 box Special K Red Berries
1 box Special K fruit & yogurt
1 box Raisin Bran Crunch
2 cans of pringles
1 Bounce dryer bar
1 Bottle Fantastik antibacterial heavy duty cleaner
Herbal Essences Shampoo & Conditioner
1 Olay Creme Ribbons Body Wash
1 Vasoline total moisture lotion
1 Old Spice High Endurance Body Wash
1 Old Spice High Endurance Deodorant
3 jars of Ragu sauce
1 Gillette Hydrator Body Wash
2 cans campbells Chicken & Noodle soup
1 container of Mentos gum (50 pcs)
1 Air Wick Warmer
1 Air Wick refill
1 Crest ProHealth For Me toothpaste
2 Secret Flawless deodorants
2 Secret original deodorants
1 bottle Dayquil Mucus Control

Total price (including sales & promotions) before tax $85.17

I saved $25.29 in coupons!

With a before tax total due of $58.88.

I also earned $12.00 in extrabuck/rewards!!!

Basically like paying $46.88 + tax for EVERYTHING.

Those of you who have been doing this for a while, did I do a good job for my first trip?

1 comment: