Thursday, February 3, 2011

So proud of him!

So far my day has been pretty great. I feel like the winter weather whatever that is going to hit cannot even take how I feel away from me. I have cleaned my living room and kitchen, have dinner started, and Connor is napping. I was lucky enough to have a couple hours with my nephew today. He went this past Sunday/Monday to Houston for processing for the Air Force! There was a point in time where I was worried and honestly concerned as to the path that he was on, but now I just can't even begin to explain how amazingly proud of this kid I am! He has made A's and B's the past couple years, has been involved with JROTC and is 2nd in command for his JROTC group at school, works 2 jobs, stays out of trouble, and loves his family! He came over today to show me all of his paperwork and his contract. He will be signed for 6 years going in as an E-3 once he has his JROTC certificate. He wanted to go into the Air Force Academy, and actually had the priviledge of being inivted to an Academy Board interview. While he did not get an invitation to attend the academy it has not dampened his desire to serve. He said to me this afternoon "I want to go into the military not only to protect my blood family, but my family as in America." He has such a deep patriotism. It scares me a bit to think about what all he may encounter while serving his country. I think it is his decision, he knows the risks, I will just pray for him. I just wanted to share! He is such and amazing and outstanding young man, and I love him just as much as if he was mine...I'm so going to cry at his graduation, makes me feel old.

1 comment: