Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The times they are a changin'....

Well, the past couple of weeks have brought much change in our household and family. Which in turn means huge changes in our schedule (i.e. my schedule). Baseball started, Cody got a new job, I started babysitting a little girl, I am about to finish my first year back to college, and some other miscellaneous things. We have been looking for and praying about Cody getting a new job for the past 6-8 months. I attribute part of the slowness to the slow economy. We were just starting to get accustomed to our budget and make it work. A couple of months ago though I had prayed and did an entire devotional on my own where I just gave it all up to Him where the $$$ stresses were concerned. I prayed and vowed that I would be able to make our dollars stretch as far as they could, that He would show me where to cut, and where to spend, and that He would help show me how to make it all work. Also, as part of my New Year's resolution I had promised myself that I would try to be a better wife. Not that I was a bad one, but there is always room for improvement. I vowed to try to make sure to tell my husband he was appreciated and thank him for providing for the family. I vowed to try to be the wife that God intended me to be. That I would allow Him to work through me. I personally think I have been doing better. I try to be who He created me to be, someone worth dying for. Then almost 3 weeks ago a prayer was answered. Cody received a job offer. It wasn't ideal timing as it was short notice, but it was placed in his lap, answered our prayers, and made me realize that if I follow Him and try to be who He wants me to be it is easier for Him to provide. Everything is working out with the job and we are getting used to the changes. I also received a phone call to start babysitting a little girl. I now am able to help provide for my family a little. With a crazy baseball practice and game schedule, school, a family, house, and many other obligations on my plate I feel at times as if I am a clown juggling at the circus. It will all work out though. I have to just remember to breathe and give all of it up to Him. I am continuing to try to save my family money and hope that we can make a huge dent in all of our financial obligations and debt by the end of the year. I am also faced with other frustrations daily. Today I am trying to get everything I want done, remind the children to play nicely (over and over again while keeping my sanity), juggle all of my other responsibilities, and face the fact that many grown adults need to grow up. If only some people would behave in a way that God intended instead of with their own agendas. As I tell Levi on a daily basis there is nothing to be done but pray for them. So at the end of the day I am going to be praying for my family, friends, town, and nation. Won't you join me by taking up the cross and giving it up to Him? Remember who you have to thank for each of your blessings. Find a way to serve as the hands and feet of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment