Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

Well, it feels as if Spring is officially here! The weather has seemed to level out a bit (knock on wood) and I'm sneezing up a storm (thank you pollen and other allergens). Baseball practice officially begins this evening for my oldest and I'm looking forward to baseball season! The weather gives me the feeling of having more energy, but I think it is all in my head really because I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night. There is a lot going on though so I don't have time to slack. We are planning a flower bed in the front of the house, I have a house to keep clean, toddler to corral, children to taxi, homework to do, meals to plan and cook, coupons to clip, and so many other things. I don't know if it is the cool spring breeze, or just me but I feel pretty content despite the growing to do list in the back of my mind. As I look at the world around me and all of the things that are going on I thank God for all of the blessings he has provided in my life. It makes me want to give back. I am trying to do that in small ways that are realistic for me and my family. My family has sent in a request for an application to Adopt-A-Soldier (Thanks Mistie for the link!). As Charitable Events Manager of an online mommy community I co-founded with some of the most awesome ladies I have ever had the pleasure of knowing (love ya M.O.S.T.ies) I will be organizing monthly mailings of expired coupons to an overseas AFB that we adopted (they can use expired manufacturer coupons for 6 months on base overseas). I also am just trying to do small things in the community (coupon box of current coupons at the local library, and launching preschool storytime). Times are tough, and I am embracing the exploration of saving my family money and the ability to give back. I have slacked on my daily devotional time and I am hoping to get back in the swing of things with that. There is a book I want to read (Made to Crave), but not sure when I will have the time. There is just so much going on! I feel like I'm living in a time lapsed movie where the sun is rising/setting, and flowers are springing up before my eyes. One day is over and the next is starting before I know it. Each day is a blessing and I am going to Praise God for every second! Remember that life is what you make it and allow it to be. I hope that this spring brings blessings into each of your lives as well! Remember to keep hope alive in your life and let it blossom, because with hope it is always a glass is half full kind of day;)

No comments:

Post a Comment