Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's a new year, it's a new day!

So, I don't ever make new year's resolutions but decided that I needed to and needed to take control of some aspects of my life. I have dropped the whole soda habit, which was the only habit I had as far as food, beverages, etc. I also have joined forces with a friend that lives close and we are keeping food journals, counting calories, and have committed to exercising 100% more. We just weighed in Sunday, and each lost 6.5 lbs in the first week!!! It is amazing how much support it adds when you have someone you trust and hold each other accountable. I had thought these mere resolutions would be it for 2011, but now I am seeing another need. Not necessarily a new year's resolution, but just a resolution to myself. I think you can make these at any point in time. This secondary personal resolution I am making comes after a wise friend of mine told me about her Facebook detox. It isn't that I am copying her, not in the least. I actually am not detoxing from Facebook. Her reasoning is what spurred this new resolution to myself. I am 28, almost 29 years old, and surprisingly can name many drama filled women who I guess never grew out of the high school mentality. So I am going to attempt to detox from drama. That may be a little tough. What my goal really is though is to think about eternal significance. I recently went through my FB friends list and deleted quite a few friends. It is not a competition to see how many friends you can get. I am going to be deleting more as the days come as well. I am not asking for people that don't want to be deleted to send me a message. I am not asking for anything. The people I am deleting are those that I have not spoken to in years, or those people that act friendly on FB but act like they don't know you in person. I am going to dub those people FB fakes. I know how the people in my life are that hold importance. I am blessed with a great family and friends. I am blessed each morning I wake up and get to enjoy another day on this earth. I am going to be positive and optimistic, if not for me, then for my children. They deserve an example that shows them how great this gift of life we have been given truly can be. I am going to remember to be thankful for the small things, and remember WHO to give thanks to. Oh, and if anyone has a problem with this, then go ahead and delete me, because I don't want to be on your friend list.

1 comment: